Effie May Pasher 1031
- Born: Abt 1924, Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada 784
- Marriage (1): Allister Lloyd Penny on 27 Jul 1940 in Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Marriage (2): George Owen Tattrie on 1 Aug 1951 in New Glasgow, Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Died: 11 Feb 2007, Lanark Heights, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada aged about 83 784
- Buried: 13 Feb 2007, Kitchener, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada 785
Obituary - The Chronicle Herald - March 16, 2007
TATTRIE, Effie May - Passed away at Lanark Heights, Kitchener, Ont., on Sunday, February 11, 2007, at the age of 83 years. Born in Sydney, she was a daughter of the late John and Alice (Bezanson) Pasher. Beloved wife of the late Lloyd Penny (1946) and the late George Tattrie (1999). Dear mother of Joyce Penny of Newfoundland, Winston Penny of Ottawa and Sharon Schmidt of Kitchener. Loving nana of eight grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren and two great great-grandchildren. She is survived by her siblings, John Pasher, Sydney; Betty Hatfield, Yarmouth; Lydia Cain, Halifax, and Bertha Skerry, Oshawa, Ont. She was predeceased by her son, Stephen; grandson, Freddy Stefura; brothers, Wilfred and David. A memorial service was held in the chapel of Ratz-Bechtel Funeral Home, 621 King St. West, Kitchener, on Wednesday, February 14, with Rev. Mark Lewis officiating. Interment in Woodland Cemetery. In memory of May, donations to The Salvation Army would be appreciated, and can be arranged through the funeral home. Thank you ever so deeply to Dr. Wismer, the staff and special girls on Oak ward at Lanark Heights, who cared so much for May over the past three years.
Noted events in her life were:
• She had a residence on 18 Oct 2005 in Kitchener, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. As indicated in the Halifax Herald obituary for brother, David Albert Pasher.
Effie married Allister Lloyd Penny, son of John Charles Penny and Lillian Joyce, on 27 Jul 1940 in Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada. (Allister Lloyd Penny was born on 24 Oct 1917 in Hickman's Harbour, Trinity Bay, Newfoundland, Canada,780 died on 17 Aug 1946 in DVA Hospital, Cornwallis, Annapolis, Nova Scotia, Canada 781 and was buried on 19 Aug 1946 in Hardwood Hill Cemetery, Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada 782.)
Effie next married George Owen Tattrie on 1 Aug 1951 in New Glasgow, Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada. (George Owen Tattrie was born in 1913,1032 died on 4 Mar 1999 in Kitchener, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada 1032 and was buried in 1999 in Kitchener, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada 1033.)